at North Sea
Today the organization announces the first 22 names of artists performing at the 43rd edition of the NN North Sea Jazz Festival. The O'Jays, Khalid, Gregory Porter with Metropole Orkest, Gary Clark Jr., Nile Rodgers & CHIC and Earth Wind & Fire will be among the acts performing at the Dutch festival this year. North Sea Jazz 2018 will take place on July 13, 14 and 15 in Rotterdam Ahoy.
New R&B/soul star Khalid and the legendary Philly-soul group The O'Jays will make their debut at the festival. Furthermore, the jazz legends Pharoah Sanders, Carla Bley with the music of 'Trios', and Marcus Miller will perform, as well as the following super groups:
- ‘Hudson’ with Jack DeJohnette, John Scofield, John Medeski, and Scott Colley
- Pat Metheny with Antonio Sanchez, Linda Oh, and Gwilym Simcock
- Joshua Redman special guest with Billy Hart Quartet
- Vijay Iyer Sextet with Graham Haynes, Mark Shim, Steve Lehman, Stephan Crump, and Jeremy Dutton.
- Mingus Big Band
The festival also presents a number of special collaborations among the top of the young generation:
- ‘Queen of Sheba’, a symphonic project by Ibrahim Maalouf & Angelique Kidjo
- Gregory Porter ‘Nat King Cole & Me and Other Songs’ with Metropole Orkest conducted by Vince Mendoza;
- R + R = NOW with Robert Glasper, Terrace Martin, Christian Scott, Taylor McFerrin, Derrick Hodge, and Justin Tyson.
Click here for an overview per day